In addition to the Clerk, there are five current trustees: the Vicar of St Michael and All Angels Church, Sunninghill & All Souls’ Church, South Ascot, 2 trustees co-opted by council and 2 from the local community.
Trustees serve terms of 4-5 years.
If you are interested in applying please contact:
The Sunninghill Trust
PO Box 4712 Ascot
Telephone: 01344 206320
Email: email@example.com for more information.
Information for prospective trustees
Meetings are held at least 4 times a year – usually between 7 and 9pm weekday evenings.
Some pre-arranged daytime availability is needed to meet with local organisations and individuals making grant requests.
Access to email, text messaging and an understanding of spreadsheet and word processed information is a requirement.
- A passion for wanting to support to the local community on an individual and group basis.
- Absolute discretion when dealing with local individuals and organisations on a confidential basis.
- An ability to balance empathy with a professional approach.
- The ability to listen carefully, ask pertinent questions and retain verbal information to establish trust and discover valuable details about the individuals who seek our help in understanding their circumstances.
- An ability to work as part of a team – to listen, to explore, to seek clarification, to evaluate, to report back and to be decisive.
- Interviewing skills
- Estate management knowledge
- Accountancy and commercial skills
- Legal knowledge
- Administrative skills
- Negotiating skills
- Local knowledge – need to be familiar with the geography and the history of the local area.
- Ideally a ‘consumer of local resources’ e.g. children in local state schools, user of day care facilities or health services etc.
Charity Number: 240061 – FUEL ALLOTMENT